Birth Center, Home Birth and Water Birth Services
House of Birth is a wise woman’s alternative
Simply put, my goal is to help healthy women have healthy babies. I strive to provide my clients with skilled, individualized care in order to help them have a birth experience that is both safe and fulfilling. I am helping families change the world one baby at a time.
Clients that get the most out of the House of Birth experience understand they are making decisions and parenting their child from the moment pregnancy begins. They take the steps to do what is best for their child in order to achieve the optimal outcome for their pregnancies. Lifestyle, exercise, nutrition, and spiritual and emotional wellness are important factors to a safe, healthy birth. The healthy pregnant woman can be a healthier mother to a healthier child. A woman who has made positive choices can have a much better outcome.
I invite you to call my office to schedule a time when you can come in for a free thirty-minute consultation and ask any questions that you might have.
I had a wonderful birthing experience at the House of Birth. I couldn’t have asked for a better team of midwives and assistants. -Janae
Our services include:
- Initial physical exam
- Prenatal care and lab work
- Nutritional and prenatal counseling
- Labor support and birth care
- Water birth option
- Immediate postpartum care
- Initial physical exams and newborn screen testing for the baby
- Postpartum care finishing at 6-8 weeks postpartum with a well-woman visit
Birth Center Birth
House of Birth is a Texas-licensed birth center. Enjoy all the comforts of home and more in my lovely facility.
I understand that some women desire to birth at home because they feel the safest and most comfortable there. I attend a limited number of home births for healthy clients. They must be knowledgeable, informed, and prepared for the experience of birthing at home.
Because my goal is the best birth outcome for you, I do limit my traveling distance and that can vary depending on where you live. If home birth is of interest to you, please discuss this with me at your initial consultation and tour. I will be glad to review my home birth guidelines.
House of Birth has comfortable, deep tubs available for the comfort of our clients during labor and birth.
Some benefits of water labor and water birth include:
- Water allows the mother to use positions more comfortable for labor and birth
- May shorten labor
- Reduces blood pressure
- Gives mother more feelings of control
- Provides significant pain relief
- Promotes relaxation (the pelvis can open and baby descends more readily)
- Conserves the mother’s energy
- Reduces the need for drugs and interventions
- Gives mother a private protected space
- Reduces perineal trauma and eliminates episiotomies
- Reduces cesarean section rates
- Encourages a gentler welcome for baby
- Provides a calming atmosphere, allowing mother’s birthing hormones to be released more readily